HELPING NONPROFITS THRIVE
Welcome to Helping Nonprofits Thrive. This weekly newsletter provides practical tools and a bit of theory to strengthen your inclusive leadership skills. Building inclusive and engaging practices that permeate every dimension of your nonprofit helps you stride toward the dream of diversity: better thinking, better results, and a better world.
Subscribe to Helping Nonprofit Thrive and receive a weekly newsletter with tips to weave inclusion and engagement into the fabric of your organization.
501 Commons Webinar Series begins February 24th
Principles and Practices for Facilitating Inclusive Meetings
Mark Smutny, Instructor
I am excited to announce the launch of a webinar series I will be leading in collaboration with 501 Commons: Principles and Practices for Facilitating Inclusive Meetings.
The webinar will equip you with theory and practical tools for facilitating more inclusive meetings and building an inclusive organization.
About the event:
Whether you are an experienced meeting facilitator or a newbie, Principles and Practices for Facilitating Inclusive and Engaging Meetings will equip you with the theory and practical tools for facilitating more inclusive meetings and building an inclusive organization. Learn techniques for building a culture of respect, engagement and belonging. Your nonprofit will experience greater engagement, energy, productivity, and mission success. You will also build a network of support and innovation with other nonprofit leaders.
In this webinar series you will:
- Build relationships and a support network with other nonprofit leaders, sharing challenges and ideas for strengthening inclusion and engagement.
- Understand the central role inclusion, belonging and engagement play in building strong nonprofits.
- Assess your inclusive meeting leadership skills, identify strengths and develop a roadmap for improvement.
- Recognize the ways cultural assumptions about power and privilege, leadership, hierarchy, and communication shape the way meetings unfold, and how to adapt accordingly with tools and techniques that are respectful of differences.
- Use centering exercises, codes of conduct, and icebreakers to build a culture of inclusion.
- Design meetings that engage everyone and stimulate creativity using Liberating Structures, World Café, and other whole group planning methods.
- Learn how to design a diversity, equity, and inclusion retreat as an essential step in crafting a DEI strategic plan.
For more information:
Questions about this series? Contact 501 Commons. Want to keep up on other 501 Commons events, trainings, programs, discounts and grant opportunities? Sign up for our newsletter and bookmark Featured Events by 501 Commons and others.
Please note: This course takes place over six sessions. Each session runs from 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Pacific on these dates: 2/24, 3/10, 3/24, 4/7, 4/21, 5/5
NOTE: You only need to purchase ONE ticket per person for the entire six-session series!
All registrants will receive a digital coupon for a free e-book of “Thrive: The Facilitator’s Guide to Radically Inclusive Meetings” 2nd ed
You may also order a paperback through https://emeraldlakebooks.com/amzthrive or wherever books are sold.
About the presenter:
Dr. Mark Smutny is a nonprofit consultant, professional facilitator, educator, author and founder of Civic Reinventions, Inc. He is known for helping organizations uncover the wisdom hidden in their diversity, build cohesion and achieve their goals. He works with nonprofits in human services, health and wellness, transportation, affordable housing, homelessness services, business and residents’ associations, civic advocacy, and faith-based organizations. Mark facilitates planning retreats and strategic plans and leads workshops and webinars that teach inclusive meeting practices rooted in the values of empathy, social justice, and the dignity of all. His book, Thrive: The Facilitator’s Guide to Radically Inclusive Meetings, 2nd ed., provides powerful tools to hear all voices and perspectives for greater productivity and mission success.
Subscribe to Helping Nonprofits Thrive and receive a weekly newsletter with tips and techniques for building inclusive practices into your nonprofit that strengthen cohesion, focus strategy, and improve mission success. You can also book an appointment with me (the first 30 minutes are free). You can also send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell me about a challenge you are facing, a pain point, or a story of success. I will answer each inquiry personally.